A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation.
Gospel For Africa Church Yopougon.
Hello friends. Let’s look at what the Bible says about women who have lost their husbands (widows). It is very evident throughout scripture that God places Himself as the provider and protector of the Widow. We at Gospel For Africa honor what God desires for the Widow by providing for some of their needs.
As we reach out to serve the Widows in our communities we actively preach the gospel message. The Bible tells us that our good works will cause the unsaved to listen to the good news and glorify God. Many are doing just that and receiving salvation in Christ.
In the short video above, you will see Pastor Job and Patricia, leaders of GFA Church Yopougon, and their church members serving the widows from the community where the church is located. They are providing food, cooking oil and fabric to make clothing. Donate Here!
Some of what the Bible says about Widows.
- Psalm 68:5 – A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, Is God in His holy habitation.
- Isaiah 54:4-5 – “Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. For your Maker is your husband, The Lord of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth.
- James 1:27 – Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
- Psalm 146:9 – The Lord watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow; But the way of the wicked He turns upside down.
- Proverbs 15:25 – The Lord will destroy the house of the proud, But He will establish the boundary of the widow.
- Exodus 22:22-24 – “You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child. 23 If you afflict them in any way, and they cry at all to Me, I will surely hear their cry; 24 and My wrath will become hot, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.
- Isaiah 1:17 – Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.
- Deuteronomy 10:18 – He administers justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the stranger, giving him food and clothing.
You can help us serve the people of West Africa by becoming a prayer partner and a financial supporter.
God Bless You,
Pastor Chris Jones
Executive Director and Founder
Gospel For Africa